This course is intended for personnel who have already a basic working knowledge of breathing apparatus and are expected to provide a limited intervention as a Hazardous Material operator as detailed in NFPA 472.
Attendance on this training program is open to delegates who have completed a basic breathing apparatus wearers training and have completed a hazardous material awareness training.
This course provides the participants with the knowledge and abilities to respond safety at the initial stages of a hazardous material release and to mitigate the effect of the release in the view to protect life, property and or the environment. Instructional methods include class activities and table top and practical exercises.
- Analyse the incident by surveying, collecting hazard / response information.
- Predict the likely behaviour of the hazardous material and estimate the potential harm caused by that material.
- Plan an initial response for an incident, taking into account the capabilities of the emergency response organisation.
- Implement the initial plan, controlling the response including an emergency decontamination procedure
- Evaluate the actions against the objectives set in the initial plan.
This training is according to NFPA standard 472.
RelyOn Nutec Fire Academy
3199 LM Maasvlakte-Rotterdam
Course fee/person on request, including 5 continental lunches, JOIFF certificate as well as clothing, all training equipment, fuel, extinguishing agents, excluding hotel accommodation, local transport and VAT.
More information or registration of delegates:
email@example.com or +31(0) 181 376 666