This course is intended for personnel who have already conducted an Operator level training and are expected to provide a comprehensive intervention as a Hazardous Material technician as detailed in NFPA 472. Situations that are not predetermined require extra expertise, in order to analyse and apply the correct solutions within the capability of the emergency response organisation.
Hazardous Material Operator training
This course is designed for individuals who are expected to respond to incidents involving hazardous materials. Their primarily role is to analyse problems involving hazardous materials, and to select the most appropriate method of mitigating and controlling a release of a hazardous material using specialized protective clothing and equipment. Instructional methods include class activities and table top and practical exercises.
- Understanding of relevant standard operating procedures and termination procedures.
- Classification, identification and verification of known and unknown materials by using field survey instruments and equipment.
- Selection of specialized chemical personal protective equipment (PPE) provided for the hazmat technician.
- Hazard and risk assessment techniques.
- Basic chemical and toxicological terminology and behaviour.
This training is according to NFPA standard 472.
RelyOn Nutec Fire Academy
3199 LM Maasvlakte-Rotterdam
Course fee/person, including 5 continental lunches, JOIFF certificate as well as clothing, all training equipment, fuel, extinguishing agents, excluding hotel accommodation, local transport, VAT: EUR 3,095.00
More information or registration of delegates:
firstname.lastname@example.org or +31(0) 181 376 666